Arnica Montana – The Mountain Daisy
Also known as: Leopard’s bane, Mountain tobacco and sneezewort.
This little daisy has many amazing qualities and so many different uses!
It comes in pillules, liquids and creams (for external use).
The whole fresh plant in flower is used to make the tincture.
- Shock and emotional shock (particularly when the person says : “I’m okay” – when you know they are not), person could be in a stupor or daze.
- Fear of being touched
- Body may be cold but the head is hot
- Sprains, strains and twists
- Can work in cases where a person says they have never been well since an accident or trauma.
- There may be a feeling as if they have been beaten but with no physical evidence
- A feeling of bruising, tender/painful areas – painful to touch.
- Over exertion via exercise
- After surgery/childbirth
- Before surgery – this should be discussed with surgeons pre-op.
Arnica cream is great for applying to bruises or areas of skin that feel tender.
The homeopathic liquid can be taken internally for surgery recovery, or sprains and strains.
This remedy is a must have for the first aid kit!!
Image 1 17/09/2015 https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3922/15016013475_9ee43485dd_o.jpg
Image 2 17/09/2015 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnica_montana